Monday, April 25, 2011

Nineteen Months

I've found myself declaring "this is my favorite age!" every time Peter hits a new milestone.  I loved the cuddly, new baby stage.  Then, when Peter smiled for the first time, I thought "it just can't get any better than this".  But then he started laughing.  And then crawling.  And walking.  And uttering his first little words. 

And, as always, I have found my new favorite age!  My 19 month old little man is just brimming with personality.  It just amazes me to hear the new words he discovers, to listen to him "sing the ABC's", to watch his sense of humor develop, and to see what a big helper he has become. 

Peter loves being a helper.  He's recently started a "cleaning" phase.  He's all about picking up his toys, wiping the dinner table, throwing away trash, and sweeping.  Maybe this phase will last into his teens?  A girl can dream, right? 


Love that smile! 

 

Dan and Peter are two peas in a pod.  They look alike, they have similar personalities, and they've always shared a close bond.  Here they are making some important work calls. 


Peter and I try to go to daily Mass as often as we can on base.  Peter loves our pastor and has recently started "celebrating Mass" just like Father Efren.  It's so sweet to see him proclaim "dah duh duh dah dah" as he lifts up a plate, cup, or toy. 



Dan and Peter...lifting weights! 

Peter joining daddy for some post-run push ups. 


No comments:

Post a Comment