Friday, November 26, 2010

A Very Happy Thanksgiving

It's Friday evening, my boys are asleep, and I'm enjoying every little bit of this quiet calm after the excitement of the past two days.  Though Thanksgiving started off a little rough with my mouse frustration and missing Dan and my family, it ended up being a wonderful, memorable holiday. 

Yesterday afternoon Peter and I shared a fabulous Thanksgiving meal with our friends.  What incredible souls God has placed in my life!  These friends are so full of joy and life...it was easy to feel like we were among family as we feasted on an amazing spread of delicious food.  I am so thankful for them.

When we got home, Peter and I had a bedtime snack while we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV.  (I've never watched it at night before...kinda fun!)  Peter loved the parade floats and pointed and laughed with excitement.  He was mesmerized with Macy's Santa Claus and studied him very carefully, trying to figure him out. 

Today we had Thanksgiving: Round Two.  This morning felt so much like a holiday with Dan home.  We ate our breakfast together as I started mashing the potatoes for our afternoon feast.  We listened to Christmas music for the first time this year.  And we even danced a little polka with Peter (Peter just started dancing...it doesn't get any cuter than this.)  This afternoon, we had some of Dan's Airmen over for a Thanksgiving meal.  We were happy to have these young men over since they are living in the dorms away from their families during the holidays. 
And I successfully cooked my very first Thanksgiving dinner!  It was so much fun! 
I made Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, corn, and 3 pies.  The guys that shared our meal with us were so grateful and fun- it was a fantastic evening!  And Peter loved showing off for his "big kid" friends! 

I am so grateful for all of the people that shared this Thanksgiving with me and helped make it so memorable.
We have not caught the mouse yet, but he stayed hidden all day today during our feast.  I am thankful for that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment