Saturday, September 11, 2010

How It All Began

I was out running errands with our newborn Peter when I got the call from Dan. 
"They have an accompanied to Turkey for two years.  What do you think?"

"Um, sure.  Let's do it!" was my response.  At the time, I don't think I could've easily found Turkey on a map, let alone fully comprehend packing up and moving to the Middle East.  A week earlier, it looked like Dan would be stationed in Korea for a year...without us.  So when this new opportunity came for our family to stay together, we jumped on it. 

About 9 months later, we watched the movers come and pack up our lives and empty our house.  Several weeks after that, we said goodbye to our families and friends, took a deep breath, and boarded a plane to start our adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment